Internal quality assurance SYSTEM (IQAS)
QUALITY ASSURANCE STRATEGIES AND PROCESS
- Upload any two examples of best practices institutionalized as a result of IQAC initiatives.
- KIET College has taken concrete steps for the development of students and faculty members and thus established IQAC on 11th September 2017. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions.
- KIET College has taken concrete steps for the development of students and faculty members and thus established IQAC in the year 2017.
Vision of IQAC
“Providing healthy, quality academic environment in pursuit of stakeholders.”
Mission of IQAC
- To develop metrics for course and programme outcomes.
- To monitor Periodic assessment of benchmarks for all courses and programmes.
- Instant internal quality checks for improvement of student academic quality.
- Identification of strong, medium and low pace performers and providing suitable academic attachments and assignments.
- To establish necessary infrastructure facilities to upgrade learning sphere of scholars.
- To strive towards holistic quality 7 evaluation parameters towards choosing career breaks
- To develop self-study & evaluation parameters towards choosing career breaks
- To turn around strategies for resource mobilization for R&D, consultancy and extension activities.
- To enhance collaborative learning skills among stakeholders.
Strategies of IQAC
- Ensure efficiency in various academic and administrative cells.
- Establish the relevance of academic quality to augment R&D activities.
- Provide access to various cost-effective academic programmes to all sections of society.
- Use of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- Develop suitable rubrics to attain and assess academic quality.
- Deploy resources for strong support to infra-structure and technical-services.
- Focus on resource mobilization for consultancy and R&D.
Functions of IQAC
- Development & Employ various quality benchmarks for various academic and administrative activities
- Direct & indirect Assessment & Evaluation of benchmarks for various courses/subjects.
- Direct & Indirect Attainment of benchmarks for various courses/subjects.
- Assessment and Attainment of Course Objectives and PEOs
- Assessment and Attainment of Course Outcomes and Programme Outcomes.
- Facilitating enhancement of participatory teaching learning process using ICT.
- Develop Metrics and Evaluation for stakeholder’s feedback, Analysis & Measures.
- Promulgation & Pronouncement of institutional quality standards/parameters amongst stakeholders.
- Organize workshops, seminars, conferences, symposiums, and development programmes for both faculty and students.
- Documentation of impact of various programmes attended and organised both by the student and faculty members leading to quality improvement.
- Encourage & involve both students and faculty members in Industry-Institute-Interaction programmes.
- Encourage & involve both students & faculty in professional development and association activities.
- Development of Quality Culture among stakeholders of the Institution.
- Prepare Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) & upload in website.
- Encourage student and faculty participation in workshops, seminars, conferences, symposiums, and development programmes.
IQAC is monitored by the following members:
- T.V.Rao Chairperson
- C.Subash Chandra convenor
- Members: (senior teachers)
- Dr. Ch. Bhavanarayana .
- Mr. K. Dhanaraju EEE
- Mr.D. Srinivasu CSE
- Mr.N.G.N Prasad ECE
- Mr. K. Rajesh MCA
- Mr.N. Govindaraju HBS
- Admin staff
- Mr. P.Balaram
- Mr. Ch. Sunadh
- Mr.K.C Pradeep
THE INSTITUTION REVIEWS ITS TEACHING LEARNING PROCESS, STRUCTURES & METHODOLOGIES OF OPERATIONS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES AT PERIODIC INTERVALS THROUGH IQAC SET UP AS PER NORMS
- IQAC going to monitor the teaching learning process at regular intervals through our organizing committee members. IQAC planning to conduct an annual meeting every two months to review the learning process, structures & methodologies of operations and learning outcomes. Based on that review the committee will give the necessary directions to improve the quality of teaching methodologies.
- These meetings are intended to review the overall result analysis and to check the planned goals and achievements of IQAC.
- The IQAC decisions & its modifications are planned to be held in every tri quarterly meeting this is going to be happen in regular process.
- Every department will conduct workshops, training programs and guest lecturers periodically addressed by the eminent persons from Industry, Academic and Research Institutions. Eminent experts of National reputed people will be invited from academia/organization/industries for seminars and conferences related to the subjects in course curriculum, basic practical, hands on experience fundamental and advance topics as planned in the IQAC.
- As part of the closure of teaching learning process the content delivered for the respective
- Subjects along with evaluation outputs will be summed up as course files and made available in the Departments.
- Class Teachers, Class Representatives, HoDs and Staff meetings will be conducted periodically to review teaching and learning process.
- The teaching learning process will be reviewed by senior and expert members every month.
- A detailed report will be prepared and assessed with necessary actions for the annual meeting.
- In the annual meeting all the Head of the departments will present a detail presentation report about the planned agendas & achieved goals for the year.
- Principal and the Management Committee plans for what else can be added for the improvement and suggests the modifications to it.
AVERAGE NUMBER OF QUALITY INITIVATIVES BY IQAC FOR PROMOTING QUALITY CULTURE PER YEAR
Name of quality initiative by IQAC
Date of conducting activity
Duration (from – to)
Number of participants
(18th sep – 23rd sep)
(20th nov – 25rd nov)
The Management has a Heads committee that continuously reviews the teaching learning processes along with the statutory bodies like senate and planning and monitoring board.
QUALITY ASSURANCE INITIATIVES OF THE INSTITUTION INCLUDE:
- Feedback received from
1) Students, 2) Teachers, 3) Employers, 4) Alumni 5) Parents, for design and review of syllabus Semester wise /year wise. This data will collect from Criteria 1.4.1
- Academic Administrative Audit (AAA) and initiation of follow up action
The College has a mechanism for internal and external audit. The details are as given below:
KIET has appointed internal auditors. Quarterly audits are carried out by internal auditor team.
Auditor’s report is presented to director and secretary of KIET.
An external auditor is appointed by the college which performs an audit of the financial statements of the college.
The financial records of the College are audited after the end of each fiscal year and are certified
6.5.5 Incremental improvements made during the preceding five year
- Introduced PG
- workshops by every department
- Sports facilities are improved for all the games like cricket, volleyball etc.,.
- Regular workshops by all Departments
- Proper parking arrangements are established for all the vehicles like buses, cars, bikes etc.
- A state of the RO water plant has been established.
- Increased frequently workshops
- Implementation of dress code for faculty members.
- Greenery & plantation development.
- Establishment of new labs & infrastructure development in the mechanical department.
- Establishment of new labs and infrastructure to PG courses.
- To provide internet facility with 100mbps speed has been established.
- Seminars by student and regular workshops
- Introduced 80 minutes class, to spend more time with students for clarifying their doubts
- Introduced subsidized food in campus for all
- Second route from main road to college has been developed
- Introduced extended learning programme for all students.
- ICT facilities are established in all class rooms.
- Lap tops provide to all the faculty members.
- Regular workshop and Coding Contests
- Internet bandwidth increased to 100MBPS
- Free WIFI to students and staff
- The KIET Alumni association is registered.
- Established IQAC in 11-September -2017.
- The state of the art cricket stadium under the collaboration of BCCI is now under construction.
- Regular workshops and seminars conducted as per calendar Planned
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified
- Departmental R&D cells initiated for students and staff.