Goals and Objectives
- To take a cohesive group of students to understand the contemporary industry practices in the chosen domain area.
- Interact with industry personnel to seek info of industrial eco-systems.
- Understand the organisational structure and the process followed by the industry in functional areas Ops, HR, Finance, and Marketing & Systems.
- Conduct the Tour in a safe, comfortable and in economical manner.
- Execute the Plan meticulously and should have contingency plans.
- To understand the nature and type of industry the students will be entering on successful completion of the programme in KIET.
- Develop interaction with industry for future Internships, Campus placements.
Period the IOT
It was conducted from 22nd Dec 18 to 4th Jan 19
Scheduling of Tour Circuit to Batches
- Plan for Four Industrial Visit Circuits
a) KKD-Chennai (A),
b) KKD-Bangalore-Mysore (B),
c) KKD-Hyderabad (C),
d) KKD-Coimbatore–Ooty (D)
- Allocate Batches to Circuit A, B, C and D based on the Engineering Branches and the number of batches and the capacity of the Industry.
Develop Schedule: Station-wise, Industry-wise, Date /Time-wise & Group-wise. Scheduling of Batches – Circuit-Wise, Domain-wise, Station-Wise, Industry-Wise / Batch-Wise
Mode of Travel
- The mode of Travel is determined by the distance, timing, availability of direct trains and availability of accommodation.
- Journey should be planned in such way, as far as possible; no splitting of a batch takes place as far as possible.
- The economy, safety, comfort and the duration of journey is important factor.
- The subcommittee of Travel and Accommodat.ion should carryout analysis of various options and develop a date base for allocation of concerned mode of transport.
- The proximity of place of stay, location of industry is important inputs to be considered.